Hey guys! Welcome to ValNextDoor 2.0! I started this blog back in September of 2014 with no clue what I was doing or what I was really going for. But the best thing to do with any new venture is to just get started and improve as you go right? Right. [Read more…]
If you have any goals or changes you want to make in your life, the beginning of the year is the best time for a fresh start. As part of this post, I encourage you to think of a few things you want to accomplish this year, write them down, and put it somewhere you can see daily. Studies out there have actually shown that you are much more likely to achieve your goals when you write them down. Writing down your goals brings them to life and helps you focus on what you want and how to achieve them. Here are mine!
Create Video Content
So I’ve been blogging for just a little over a year now and I have to say that becoming a content creator has been one of the most rewarding decisions I’ve ever made. I love having this gig on the side where I can be as creative as I want to be, while being my own boss. This year, I really want to experiment more with video! I’ve been thinking about it for a while – so similar to how this blog started, I’m just going to do it and see how it goes!
Last year, I made it a goal to be more health conscious. I’ve done a pretty good job when it comes to working out and eating healthy, but I need to take care of both the inside and the outside of my body. I’m sooo bad and lazy when it comes to skin care. I take my skin for granted because it’s just always covered with clothes so I don’t think about it. I really want to preserve my skin health and so I’m going start moisturizing, hydrating, exfoliating, and all that jazz.
Time Management / Organization
I juggle a lot of different things in my life and practically live off of deadlines. With everything going on, I need to find a way to get organized and manage my time more wisely. Right now, I do have somewhat of a system for balancing everything, but it’s more like an organized mess. My tasks and processes only make sense to me, and I don’t really enforce anything all the time. Too often, I just end up winging everything and it creates a lot of stress and pressure! This year, I’m going to do my best to streamline and organize all aspects of my life so that I always stay on top of everything.
- Travel Bag – Most guys I know are cool with throwing their toiletries into a zip-loc bag. Upgrade them really quick with a nice travel bag that they will use forever.
- Stylish Backpack – Every twenty-something guys needs a stylish backpack to carry their belongings.
- Card holder – Most guys naturally like to keep things simple a minimal. Have them ditch the big bulky wallet (who carries cash anymore?) for a neat little card holder instead.
- Olloclip – If your boyfriend is into photography, an Olloclip is a super cool gift to help improve his mobile photography and Instagram feed ;)
- GoPro – A GoPro is a great gift for the adventurous active guy. They’re so small and easy to use for capturing all their fun moments.
- Electronic Shaver – Every man needs a quality shaver!
- Shoes – You can’t go wrong with getting your boyfriend a new pair of shoes. It will be nice to have your boyfriend start off the new year with a new pair of trainers, casual sneakers, or boots.
- Sports Gear – Fan gear for their favorite sports team will always make them happy!
- Sunglasses – Every guy should have at least one pair of nice sunglasses. Ray-ban aviators are a classic that look great on everyone.
- Jeans – Keep your boyfriend fresh with a new pair of jeans. 511’s are a classic slim fit that instantly make any guy look stylish and put-together.
October was such an eventful month which is why this post is a little late, but I wanted to do a post to share all my favorite things in the month of October:
Last month, I attended a couple of LAFW events (a runway show and design competition) for the very first time. It was such a cool experience to see what goes down for these types of shows. For the runway show, I was able to sit front row thanks to my friend (@aikocunanan). LAFW really opened my eyes and gave me a deeper look into the fashion industry. It was also nice to enjoy the extra glitz and glamour that comes with attending a fashion week event. ;) (p.s. sorry in advance for the blurry pics! I only had my phone on me and lighting was terrible, but I still want to show you the essence of the show) [Read more…]
Is is Friday yet? OK…not quite, but weekdays can be fun too!
Every few weeks, I love to put together a Taco Tuesday, especially since Mexican food is one of my favorites. The herbs, spices, cheese and of course avocados all go so well together to make a meal that hits you in all the right places.
But what’s a Mexican themed feast without the margaritas?! [Read more…]